GARNER, Iowa – A Hancock County man accused of pointing a gun at a woman and children is pleading guilty.
Scott William Hennings, 52 of Garner, was arrested on May 4 after seven law enforcement agencies were called to his home. Hennings was charged with domestic abuse assault with a dangerous weapon after authorities said he pointed a handgun at the woman and children and ordered them out of his house after a financial dispute.
Hennings pleaded guilty on July 5 and was sentenced to 60 days in jail, with credit for time served, and one year of probation. He must also participate in the Iowa Domestic Abuse Program.
- Garner man sentenced for pointing a gun at people
- Garner man sentenced for stealing from grandparents
- Garner teen sentenced for sex abuse
- Garner man arrested for meth
- Update: Garner man threatened woman, children with gun, police say
- Garner man going to prison for meth
- Man sentenced for gun-in-mouth incident
- Rochester man sentenced for stealing a gun
- Sand bags available in Garner
- Guilty plea in Garner arson