UPDATE: The Rochester Fire Marshal's Office says nearly 2 dozen 55 gallon plastic containers and a single 200 gallon plastic container were found at the scene of Wednesday's garage fire. The Rochester Fire Department - Chemical Assessment Team was called in and determined the containers held about 1100 gallons of E85 fuel.
A company was called in to remove the fuel from the property.
The cause of this fire is being deemed 'suspicious' and the investigation continues.
Previous story below
ROCHESTER, Minn. – Investigators say a fire that badly damaged a garage may be suspicious.
It happened just before 12:30 Wednesday morning on 19th Avenue SE.
Crews arrived to find the structure with smoke and flames coming out of it.
Some items inside the garage are also damaged, estimated at around $7500.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Garage fire being investigated in Rochester
- Rochester garage burglar sentenced
- Garage destroyed by flames in Rochester
- Vehicle smashes through apartment garages in Rochester
- Rochester Fire: Overnight blaze destroys vehicle, badly damages garage
- UPDATE: Home saved after garage fire in NW Rochester
- UPDATED: $200,000 in damages after garage fire in Rochester
- Overnight fire destroys garage, damages house in Rochester
- $7,500 in damage after early-morning garage fire in Rochester
- Police: Rochester garage fire cause by criminal activity