ROCHESTER, Minn.- Nearly two weeks ago, we told you about a fire that caused over $200,000 in damage.
Now the family is starting over but they’re struggling.
“I mean when you got four kids that are freaking out inside, as a parent you got to try to keep it together for them, you know,” said Shantel Foust.
She and her family lost their home and they’re heading to Michigan to stay with a family friend as they try to figure out the next move.
There's some good news.
Thursday, students at John Marshall High School are having a fundraiser to help the family.
Foust said she’s grateful for the community and the school for helping her family out.
“I think it wonderful how all the Rochester people are neighbors and are great coming up to us. So many people have reached out for us, for the kids if they need clothing or school supplies.”
If you’re not a student you can drop of a donation at the front office at the high school.
You can also donate to their go fund me page by clicking here.
- Fundraiser at Rochester JM for family recovering from fire
- Next Hurt Up: Following her brothers' footsteps at Rochester JM
- Highlights: JM defeats Century, Hurt posts triple-double
- Rochester apartment fire temporarily displaces family
- Power of the Purse fundraiser in Rochester
- Rochester Public Schools warns against misleading fundraiser
- Fundraising to Save the Track in Rochester
- Rochester ReStore parking lot repair fundraiser
- Saving the track fundraiser continues in Rochester
- Kitchen fire in Rochester