ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A guilty plea has been entered in a winter burglary.
Jabar Pedro Morarend, 46 of Albert Lea, was arrested on January 26 and charged with 2nd degree burglary. Authorities say they followed tracks in the snow from a home where the dresser drawers were all found partially opened to a home where Morarend was found sitting in the basement next to a washing machine. Officers say wet shoes behind the machine matched the tracks in the snow.
Morarend changed his plea from “not guilty” to “guilty” Wednesday and his sentencing is set for August 23.
- Freeborn County man pleads guilty to burglary
- Owatonna man pleads guilty in Freeborn County
- Howard County man pleads guilty to burglaries
- Texas man pleads guilty to Freeborn County drug crime
- Man pleads guilty to threatening a Freeborn County employee
- Northwood man pleads not guilty to Freeborn County assault
- North Carolina man pleads guilty to Freeborn County sex crime
- Freeborn County woman pleads guilty to stalking North Iowa man
- Austin man pleads guilty to bloody burglary
- Winona man pleads guilty to Rochester burglary