ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A guilty plea has been entered in a winter burglary.
Jabar Pedro Morarend, 46 of Albert Lea, was arrested on January 26 and charged with 2nd degree burglary. Authorities say they followed tracks in the snow from a home where the dresser drawers were all found partially opened to a home where Morarend was found sitting in the basement next to a washing machine. Officers say wet shoes behind the machine matched the tracks in the snow.
Morarend changed his plea from “not guilty” to “guilty” Wednesday and his sentencing is set for August 23.
- Freeborn County man pleads guilty to burglary
- Owatonna man pleads guilty in Freeborn County
- Northwood man pleads not guilty to Freeborn County assault
- Man pleads guilty to threatening a Freeborn County employee
- Texas man pleads guilty to Freeborn County drug crime
- North Carolina man pleads guilty to Freeborn County sex crime
- Accused burglar pleads not guilty in Freeborn County
- Guilty plea in Freeborn County sex assault
- Guilty plea in Freeborn County kidnapping
- Man pleads to child sex abuse in Freeborn County