MASON CITY, Iowa – The election is just over a week away and democratic nominee for Iowa Governor, Fred Hubbell, visited Golden Grain Energy Monday evening.
The purpose of his visit was to learn more about the corn and ethanol industry in order to make better economic decisions in the future.
Chad Kuhlers of Golden Grain Energy tells us that it is an issue that impacts everyone.
"It’s an important issue,” said Kuhlers. “I believe it impacts not only Iowa’s renewable fuels industry, it also impacts the Iowa farmer. We are creating part of the demand for homegrown or Iowa-grown commodities and ethanol plays out and has an impact on the demand.”
Hubbell told KIMT supporting natural assets like this is a huge step toward economic growth.
He’s running against incumbent Governor Kim Reynolds.
- Fred Hubbell visits Mason City to learn about corn, ethanol industries
- Fred Hubbell picks his running mate
- Pete Buttigieg visits Mason City ethanol plant, criticizes EPA waivers
- Democratic candidate for governor Fred Hubbell in Lake MIlls Friday
- Gubernatorial governor candidate Fred Hubbell stops in North Iowa
- Farm, ethanol groups angered at final EPA ethanol rule
- Hubbell discusses politics surrounding Tibbetts findings
- Google visits Mason City High School
- Winnebago Industries visits the White House