CLARION, Iowa – A Franklin County man is sentenced for a standoff in Wright County.
Andrew George Schroeder, 37 of Coulter, pleaded guilty to trespass, interference with official acts, operating a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent, and 4th degree criminal mischief.
The Wright County Sheriff’s Office, Belmond Police Department, Iowa State Patrol, Hancock County Sheriff’s Office and Iowa DOT Motor Vehicle Enforcement surrounded a rural home east of Belmond on April 7, 2018, after being told Schroeder was inside and may have had access to weapons.
Schroder eventually surrendered to authorities.
He’s been ordered to pay a $1,000 fine and sentenced to time served.
- Franklin County man sentenced for standoff with law enforcement
- Franklin County man sentenced for lascivious acts
- Woman sentenced for smashing into law enforcement
- Final sentence in Franklin County burglary
- Man sentenced to time served for Franklin County theft
- Law enforcement stepping up patrol
- Law Enforcement and social media
- Law Enforcement Has Trouble Hiring
- Man arrested after Rochester standoff sentenced for gun crime
- Man arrested after standoff in Wright County