EYOTA TOWNSHIP, Minn. – One Minnesotan and three Iowans are hurt Thursday after a two-vehicle collision on Interstate 90.
The Minnesota State Patrol says 49-year-old Luis Rigoberto Jara of Rushford was driving west when he lost control, went through the median and into the eastbound lanes, colliding with the eastbound vehicle driven by 61-year-old Alan Louis Eggenberger of Ames,IA.
Jara and Eggenberger both suffered non-life threatening injuries, as did two passengers in Eggenberger’s vehicle, 58-year-old Sharon Kay Eggenberger and a five-year-old girl. All were taken to St. Mary’s Hospital for treatment.
The State Patrol says all four people were wearing their seatbelts.
This crash happened around 1:27 pm near mile marker 222 in snowy and icy conditions. The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office, Eyota Fire Department and Eyota Ambulance all assisted at the scene.
- Two injured in Olmsted County crash
- Four injured in Olmsted County crash
- Woman injured in Olmsted County crash
- Olmsted County rollover injures two
- One person injured in Olmsted Co. crash
- Snowmobiler crashes in Olmsted County
- 2 injured after Thursday crash in Olmsted County
- Semi/SUV crash in eastern Olmsted County injures one
- 1 injured after 2-vehicle crash Tuesday in Olmsted County
- One injured in weekend crash in Olmsted County