CALHOUN COUNTY, Iowa – A Humboldt man is injured and another person is dead after a two-vehicle collision Wednesday in northwest Iowa.
The Iowa State Patrol says it happened around 8:30 pm on Highway 20 by mile marker 91 when 37-year-old Deja Kirbylynne De Rubio of Albion was driving east in the westbound lanes. The State Patrol says De Rubio crashed into the front of the westbound vehicle driven by 53-year-old Tony Romey Christensen of Humboldt.
Both vehicles came to rest in the median. The State Patrol says De Rubio was killed and Christensen was flown by helicopter to Iowa Methodist Hospital in Des Moines for treatment. Three passengers in Christensen’s vehicle were taken by ambulance to Trinity Regional Hospital but their names have not been released.
This incident is still under investigation.
- Four hurt, one killed in northwest Iowa collision
- Patrol: 3 people killed, 2 hurt in western Iowa collision
- 2 students on school bus injured in northwest Iowa collision
- One hurt in Byron collision
- At least 7 hurt in southwest Iowa school bus collision
- Wright County driver among three hurt in western Iowa collision
- Propane explosion in northwest Iowa
- Authorities say seven hurt in Byron collision
- One hurt in collision north of Austin
- Two hurt in Cerro Gordo County collision