ROCHESTER, Minn. – A former police officer accused of sexually abusing three young girls is pleading guilty.
Julio Frederico Baez, 52 of Rochester, entered guilty pleas Friday to one count of 1st degree criminal sexual conduct in Rice County, one count of 2nd degree criminal sexual conduct in Dodge County, and one count of 1st degree criminal sexual conduct in Olmsted County. He entered the pleas at a combined hearing in Olmsted County court.
Baez had been charged with a total of 27 counts of criminal sexual conduct as authorities say he abused the girls in all three counties between 1999 and 2006, beginning when the girls were 4, 5, and 9 years old.
He was initially charged in June 20018 after Baez, a former member of the Kasson Police Department, was found with what were described as self-inflicted gunshot wounds.
His sentencing is now set of April 3.
Olmsted County Attorney Mark Ostrem said, “Critical to reaching resolution was the involvement and understanding of the victims. It is unfathomable to appreciate the impact of Baez’s horrific conduct on each of their lives and we needed to
ensure each victim’s voice was heard.”
Rice County Attorney John Fossum commented “This resolution recognizes the harm to the victims and protects them from further involvement in the case. Baez will be out of the community for a long time. We appreciate the cooperation and hard work of all the agencies involved in investigating and negotiating a strong resolution to this case.”
- Former police officer pleads guilty to sexually abusing young girls
- Austin man pleads guilty to sexually abusing girl
- Hampton man pleads guilty to assaulting a young girl
- Mower County man pleads guilty to sex with young girl
- Clear Lake man pleads not guilty to sexual abuse
- Rochester man pleads not guilty to sexually abusing a child
- Decorah teen pleads not guilty to sexual abuse
- Mason City man pleads guilty to sexually abusing a child
- Man pleads guilty to punching a police officer
- Dealing with sexual abuse