ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man connected to a murder case is pleading not guilty to attacking a family member.
Deante Jewel Stanifer, 24 of Minneapolis, is charged with domestic assault by strangulation, stalking, and misdemeanor domestic assault. Police say he grabbed a female family member and prevented her from breathing. His trial is scheduled to begin on June 25.
Stanifer was one of the men initially taken into custody for the March killing of Ahmed Muafaq Abdulhu Al Naddf but he was released with no charges filed.
- Former murder suspect pleads not guilty to domestic assault
- Rochester man pleads guilty to domestic assault
- Guilty plea in Stewartville domestic assault
- Not guilty plea in Stewartville domestic assault
- Minnesota man pleads guilty in Osage assault
- Juan Bendickson pleads not guilty to assault
- Homeless man pleads guilty to Rochester assault
- Forest City man pleads guilty to assaults
- Austin man pleads guilty to assaulting roommates
- Austin woman pleads guilty to bar assault