BRITT, Iowa – A record-setting fullback in high school at West Hancock is going to get his shot in the NFL.
Chris Schleuger, who prepped at West Hancock before college stops at Iowa Western, Northern Iowa and UAB, was one of 13 rookie free agents to land with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Schlueger, listed as a 6-foot-4, 305-pound guard, agreed to terms after the completion of the 2018 NFL Draft.
Schleuger ran for 76 touchdowns as a prep from 2009-2012 and finished with 5,452 rushing yards.
- Former West Hancock star getting NFL shot
- SAW: West Hancock's MaCoy Yeakel
- SAW: West Hancock's Rachel Leerar
- SAW: West Hancock's Mahayla Faust
- SAW: West Hancock's Amanda Chizek
- West Hancock's Hagen taking aim at gold
- West Hancock wrestling's ranked cousin duo
- UPDATE: West Hancock school levy passes
- West Hancock girls take flight for state
- Countdown to Kickoff: West Hancock Eagles