UPDATE: Tiffany Marie Ranweiler-Oblander has been sentenced to up to two years of supervised probation after pleading guilty to sexual exploitation by a school employee. She must also participate in sex offender treatment and sign up on the Iowa Sex Offender Registry.
CRESCO, Iowa – A former Howard County teacher accused of having sex with a student is pleading guilty.
Tiffany Ranweiler-Oblander, 31 of Decorah, entered a guilty plea Tuesday to sexual exploitation by a school employee. She was arrested in early May 2018 after the Howard County Sheriff’s Office said it had gotten evidence Ranweiler-Oblander engaged in sexual conduct with a then-18-year-old student four times between March and April 2018.
Ranweiler-Oblander was working as a high school/middle school teacher at the time and was placed on administrative leave by the school district after her arrest.
A sentencing date has not been set.
For previous coverage of this story, click here.
- UPDATE: Former North Iowa teacher gets probation for sex with a student
- Iowa teacher accused of student sex abuse
- Man gets probation for North Iowa chase
- Former Iowa teacher gets 6 years in student sex case
- Ex-Iowa teacher convicted in student sex abuse case
- Weather update in North Iowa
- Iowa teacher charged with sexually exploiting student
- Iowa couple gets probation for child neglect
- 84 counts of sex abuse filed against northwest Iowa teacher
- UPDATE: Missing woman located in North Iowa