NORTHWOOD, Iowa – A man accused of a violent confrontation involving fishing poles is pleading not guilty.
Steven Duane Strand, 68 of Forest City, is charged with 1st degree burglary, assault, assault on a peace officer, and driving while revoked. The Worth County Sheriff’s Office says the charges stem from an incident on June 29 when Strand stole some fishing poles from a Fertile home and punched the man who lived there. Deputies say Strand resisted arrest after they arrived.
His trial is due to start on September 26.
- Forest City man pleads not guilty to Worth County crimes
- Forest City man sentenced for Worth County drug crime
- Forest City man pleads guilty to assaults
- Ellendale man pleads not guilty to Worth County drug crimes
- Minnesota men plead not guilty to Forest City drug crimes
- Minnesota men plead guilty to Forest City drug crimes
- Minnesota woman pleads not guilty to numerous Worth County crimes
- Albert Lea men plead guilty to Worth County crimes
- Accused Forest City burglar pleads not guilty
- Forest City man pleads guilty to domestic abuse charge