FERTILE, Iowa – A Forest City man is facing multiple charges after authorities say he was caught stealing fishing poles.
Steven Duane Strand, 68, is accused of 1st degree burglary, assault, assault on a peace officer, and driving while revoked. The Worth County Sheriff’s Office says it arrested Strand on June 29 after being called to a home in the 100 block of E Main Street in Fertile.
A resident says he saw Strand stealing his fishing poles and when he asked why Strand was taking his stuff, Strand punched him in the face. The resident got his phone and called 911, then says he went back to Strand and got punched again. Law enforcement says the resident then forced Strand to the ground and took his car keys so he couldn’t leave.
Deputies say when they arrived, Strand refused to obey commands and resisted arrest.
According to court documents, Strand told deputies he was trying to take “his fishing poles back.”
- Forest City man accused of violent assault over fishing poles
- Forest City man gets probation for fighting over fishing poles
- Forest City man pleads guilty to assaults
- Charles City man accused of violent attack
- Forest City man accused of dealing pot
- Charges reduced in Forest City assault
- Forest City man to stand trial for burglary and assault
- Forest City man has alibi for burglary, assault charges
- Forest City man charged with assaulting his next door neighbor
- Titonka man sentenced for Forest City burglary, domestic assault