WINNEBAGO COUNTY, Iowa - A Forest City man is facing multiple charges after he allegedly broke a deputy’s body camera and later threatened to kill two deputies.
Michael Schenker, 24, has been charged with second-degree criminal mischief and interference with official acts/bodily injury in relation to an alleged incident Nov. 8.
Schenker had a warrant for his arrest out of Cerro Gordo County and allegedly lied about his identity when approached by deputies, according to court documents.
When attempting to put Schenker under arrest, he resisted and was Tased.
During the altercation, which occurred near the dumpsters at Casey’s on Highway 169, Schenker allegedly broke the deputy’s body camera and injured the deputy's knee.
Once at the Winnebago County Jail, Schenker allegedly threatened to kill two deputies.
- Forest City man accused of threatening to kill 2 deputies, breaking body camera
- Freeborn County deputies to get body cameras
- Forest City man accused of dealing pot
- Forest City man accused of threatening three men with a rifle
- Freeborn sheriff wants public input on body cameras for deputies
- Where Are the Body Cameras?
- Forest City teen accused of five burglaries
- Accused Forest City burglar pleads not guilty
- Forest City man accused of storage unit burglaries
- Forest City man accused of violent assault over fishing poles