GARNER, Iowa – A Forest City man has been charged with 13 crimes in connection with a string of burglaries.
The Hancock County Sheriff’s Office says numerous storage units at a facility in the 100 block of Industrial Drive in Forest city were broken into from January 10 through January 21. Thousands of dollars worth of items were taken, including a trailer, motorcycle tools and paraphernalia, the key to a Polaris UTV, carpet, stereo equipment, and collected magazines.
The Sheriff’s Office says their investigation found that Kristen James Nelson, 34, was one of the individuals involved in these burglaries. Deputies say Nelson admitted his involvement during an official interview.
He was arrested on Tuesday and is accused of seven counts of 3rd degree burglary, five counts of 2nd degree theft, and one count of attempted 3rd degree burglary.
- Forest City man accused of storage unit burglaries
- Mason City man sentenced for storage unit burglary
- Forest City teen accused of five burglaries
- Burglary charge dismissed against Forest City man
- Man accused of breaking into several Clear Lake storage units
- Police: Mason City man facing 3 felony burglary charges for breaking into storage units
- Second arrest in Hancock County storage unit burglaries
- One not guilty plea in Hancock County storage unit burglaries
- Mason City man sentenced for storage unit thefts
- Forest City man accused of dealing pot