RUDD, Iowa – The Iowa State Patrol says the driver of the vehicle that collided with a bus in Floyd County has died.
The collision occurred around 1:48 pm on November 30 on the Avenue of the Saints. The State Patrol says a Cerro Gordo County public transit but was heading east, turned north onto Glass Avenue and hit the westbound SUV driven by 76-year-old Eugene Schipper of Anamosa.
Schipper and a passenger in the bus, 56-year-old Shannon Nissen, were taken to Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa for treatment of their injuries. The State Patrol says Schipper has now passed away. Mercy says Nissen was treated and released.
- Floyd County crash turns deadly
- Search warrants turn up drugs in two Floyd County locations
- Tractor fire in Floyd County
- Floyd woman sentenced for drunken crash
- One dead after two-vehicle crash in Floyd County
- Benefit account established for Floyd County crash survivor
- UPDATE: Final name known in fatal Floyd County crash
- Update: 2nd crash involving farm equipment reported in Floyd County
- Charge filed in deadly Mitchell County crash
- Woman sentenced in deadly Hancock County crash