NEW HAMPTON, Iowa – A Florida man gets probation after a high speed chase in northeast Iowa.
Devon Christian Cooke, 21 from Miami Gardens, FL, has pleaded guilty to eluding and failure to affix a drug tax stamp. He was arrested after an April 4 pursuit that began on Highway 218 near Nashua and hit speeds of over 100 miles per hour.
Cooke has been sentenced to two to five years of supervised probation.
Authorities say Cooke is also a suspect in a Florida murder investigation.
- Florida murder suspect gets probation in northeast Iowa
- Man wanted for murder in Florida arrested in northeast Iowa
- Murder charge filed against northeast Iowa man
- Northeast Iowa murder trial to be moved
- Burglary suspect sought in northeast Iowa
- Florida murder suspect to stand trial in Iowa
- River warning in northeast Iowa
- Manure spill in northeast Iowa
- Northeast Iowa teens plead not guilty to attempted murder
- Northeast Iowa man convicted of 2nd degree murder