ALLAMAKEE COUNTY, Iowa – Flash flooding has closed the Yellow River State Forest campgrounds.
The Iowa Department of Natural Resources says all of the campgrounds are currently closed but backpack campsites are open and people are advised to use caution when hiking, obey all posted closures and signs, and avoid flooded areas throughout the park.
The DNR says Creekside equestrian campground will remain closed for the season, Little Paint campground will open as work is completed, Big Paint campground will open September 19, and Frontier equestrian campground will open on October 7. The multipurpose equestrian trails are also closed until further notice.
- Flooding closes NE Iowa state park campgrounds
- Drug arrest in NE Iowa
- Bathrooms closed in all Iowa state parks
- Area State Park Campgrounds experience uptick in Revenue
- NE Iowa trail approved over opposition
- NE Iowa man facing sex abuse charge
- NE Iowa man accused of delivering heroin
- 2 injured in NE Iowa rollover crash
- Minnesota man arrested after NE Iowa pursuit
- Flooding closes seven highways in Western Iowa