MASON CITY, Iowa - Monday while driving it didn't take me long to find residential streets with standing water.
You would have thought it was spring at times just seeing the amount of water in the roads. Side streets and local neighborhoods is where you could fine a lot of that standing water.
Some drivers we found Monday say they're happy the flooding is being contained to the roads and not affecting their homes.
“No my house isn't leaking yet,” Scott Sowka said from Mason City said.
“Just a lot of water standing on the ground yeah,” Carl Funk from Sheffield said.
- Flooded roadways
- 100 Deadliest Days on Minnesota roadways starts on Memorial Day
- High-speed chase turns fatal on Iowa roadway
- ISP says it was a typical weekend on NI roadways
- Pedestrian hit while walking on Mason City roadway has died
- Side-by-side utility task vehicles now allowed on Austin city roadways
- North Iowa flooding reminds residents of 2008 floods
- Flooding and flash flood warnings, Fillmore County Sheriff's warns residents
- Residents clean up after flooding
- Charles City man helping with Kentucky floods