Areas Affected: Cerro Gordo; Floyd; Worth
NWS DesMoines (Central Iowa)
...The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a Flood Warning for all or portions of the following rivers in Iowa... Winnebago River... Affecting the following counties in Iowa...Cerro Gordo...Floyd... Worth River forecasts include observed precipitation, as well as expected precipitation over the next 24 hours. ...Flood Warning in effect until this evening... The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a
* Flood Warning for The Winnebago River at Mason City, or From Beaver Creek near Fertile...to the Shell Rock River near Rockford.
* Until this evening.
* At 6:30 AM Saturday the stage was 9.3 feet, or 0.7 feet below Flood Stage.
* Flood Stage is 10.0 feet.
* No flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...rise to Flood Stage this evening.
* Impact...At 10.0 feet, There is widespread flooding of city parks and water reaches the underside of the 12th Street Northeast bridge at the piers. &&
If you encounter a flooded area, turn around and find an alternate route. Turn around, do not drown. More information--including impact statements and crest histories--is available on the Web at... www.weather.gov/desmoines. Click on the Rivers and Lakes link.
- Flood warning issued in Cerro Gordo, Floyd and Worth counties
- Flash flood warning issued in Cerro Gordo, Worth counties
- Flood Warning issued in Floyd, Mower counties
- UPDATE: Tow ban lifted for Cerro Gordo, Floyd and Worth counties
- UPDATE: Tow bans lifted in Cerro Gordo and Worth counties
- First new design license plate issued in Cerro Gordo County
- Crews work to reopen Cerro Gordo County roads after flooding
- Flooding causes road closures in Cerro Gordo County
- UPDATE: Tornado warning expires in Cerro Gordo county
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man