Areas Affected: Humboldt; Kossuth
NWS DesMoines (Central Iowa)
...The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a Flood Warning for all or portions of the following rivers in Iowa...East Fork Des Moines River... Affecting the following counties in Iowa...Humboldt...Kossuth River forecasts include observed precipitation, as well as expected precipitation over the next 24 hours. ...Flood Warning in effect until further notice... The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a
* Flood Warning for The East Fork Des Moines River near Algona, or From Buffalo Creek near Burt...to Lotts Creek near Livermore.
* Until further notice.
* At 9:15 AM Thursday the stage was 13.8 feet, or 3.2 feet below Flood Stage.
* Flood Stage is 17.0 feet.
* No flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...rise to Flood Stage Friday afternoon. Continue rising to 19.3 feet, or 2.3 feet above Flood Stage, Sunday evening.
* Impact...At 19.0 feet, Water affects US 169 south of Algona. US 169 near Saint Joseph will be cut off. Sections of US 18 east of US 169 are threatened. &&
If you encounter a flooded area, turn around and find an alternate route. Turn around, do not drown. More information--including impact statements and crest histories--is available on the Web at... www.weather.gov/desmoines. Click on the Rivers and Lakes link.
Areas Affected: Mower
NWS LaCrosse (Southwestern Wisconsin, Southeastern Minnesota, and Northeast Iowa)
..Recent heavy rain is leading to river rises and flooding in some areas. River forecasts take into account both observed and forecast precipitation. The Flood Warning continues for The Turtle Creek Near Austin 3NW.
* until Sunday morning...Or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:30 AM Thursday the stage was 11.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 13.5 feet by Friday morning. The river will fall below flood stage Saturday.
* Impact...At 10.5 feet...Minor flooding begins along the creek in Austin. &&
Do not drive cars into flooded areas. Remember, it only takes two feet of water to float most automobiles, including sport utility vehicles. Turn Around, Don't Drown! Additional river and weather information is available at... http://www.weather.gov/lacrosse .
- Flood warning in effect for Mower, Kossuth counties
- Flood Warning in effect for Mower County
- Warning about flooded roads in Kossuth County
- Flood Warning issued in Floyd, Mower counties
- Flash Flood Warning issued for Kossuth, Humboldt counties
- Flooding causes road closures in Kossuth County
- Flood Warning in effect for Floyd, Chickasaw counties
- Flash Flood Warning in effect for north Iowa counties
- Flood warnings in effect for many counties in viewing area
- Flood Warning remains in effect in Floyd County