Areas Affected: Mower
NWS LaCrosse (Southwestern Wisconsin, Southeastern Minnesota, and Northeast Iowa)
.A burst of 1 to 2 inches of rainfall overnight across the eastern parts of Freeborn county has produced significant runoff and rising water along Turtle Creek. River forecasts take into account both observed and forecast precipitation. The National Weather Service in La Crosse WI has issued a Flood Warning for The Turtle Creek Near Austin 3NW.
* from this afternoon to Friday morning.
CUSTOM FORECAST: Current Conditions
MORE: Maps & Radars
INTERACTIVE RADAR: Click Here
LIVE EYE: Tower Cams
SIGN UP: KIMT News 3 Email Newsletter
* At 7:30 AM Wednesday the stage was 9.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by mid day and continue to rise to near 10.9 feet by this evening. The creek will fall below flood stage by Thursday.
* Impact...At 10.5 feet...Minor flooding begins along the creek in Austin. &&
If you live in a threatened area, be alert for high or rising water, and be ready to move to higher ground if necessary. Do not drive cars into flooded areas. Remember, it only takes two feet of water to float most automobiles, including sport utility vehicles. Turn Around, Don't Drown! Stay tuned to your favorite source of weather information, including NOAA Weather Radio, for later statements. Additional river and weather information is available at... http://www.weather.gov/lacrosse .
- Flood Warning in effect for Mower County
- Flood warning in effect for Mower, Kossuth counties
- Flood Warning issued in Floyd, Mower counties
- Flood Warning in effect for Floyd, Chickasaw counties
- Flash Flood Warning in effect for north Iowa counties
- Flood warnings in effect for many counties in viewing area
- Flood Warning remains in effect in Floyd County
- Mower County fugitive sentenced
- Updated: Multiple flood warnings and tornado watches remain in effect
- Flood Warnings in effect throughout much of viewing area