Photo Gallery 1 Images
Areas Affected: Humboldt; Kossuth
NWS DesMoines (Central Iowa)
...The Flood Warning has been extended for all or portions of the following rivers in Iowa...Iowa River...Cedar River...Des Moines River...East Fork Des Moines River...Raccoon River...North Raccoon River... Affecting the following counties in Iowa...Black Hawk...Boone... Dallas...Greene...Hamilton...Humboldt...Kossuth...Polk...Tama... Webster ...The Flood Warning continues for all or portions of the following rivers in Iowa...West Fork Des Moines River... Affecting the following counties in Iowa...Emmet...Humboldt...Palo Alto...Pocahontas River forecasts include observed precipitation, as well as expected precipitation over the next 48 hours. ...Flood Warning now in effect until early next Wednesday morning... The Flood Warning continues for The East Fork Des Moines River near Algona, or From Buffalo Creek near Burt...to Lotts Creek near Livermore.
* Until early Wednesday morning.
* At 9:30 AM Wednesday the stage was 18.3 feet, or 1.3 feet above Flood Stage.
* Flood Stage is 17.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and is forecast to continue.
* Forecast...rise to 18.6 feet, or 1.6 feet above Flood Stage, Thursday morning. Then begin falling and go below Flood Stage early Wednesday morning.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet, US 169 is threatened near Saint Joseph and may be overtopped south of Algona. &&
If you encounter a flooded area, turn around and find an alternate route. Turn around, do not drown. More information--including impact statements and crest histories--is available on the Web at... www.weather.gov/desmoines. Click on the Rivers and Lakes link.
- Tracking river levels across north Iowa, southern Minnesota
- Wind, hail possibilities as storm tracks toward north Iowa, southern Minnesota
- StormTeam 3: Updates from our weather team as it tracks north Iowa, southern Minnesota storms
- Air quality warning across North Iowa & Southern Minnesota
- Man wanted in north Iowa, southern Minnesota taken into custody
- Road conditions in North Iowa and southern Minnesota
- Winter weather returns...again...to North Iowa and southern Minnesota
- Peak alert issued for southern Minnesota and North Iowa
- Tornado Watch issued for many north Iowa, southern Minnesota counties
- Peak alert for North Iowa and southern Minnesota