Areas Affected: Cerro Gordo; Worth
NWS DesMoines (Central Iowa)
Storm coverage: Flooding photos in north Iowa.
Storm coverage: Drone footage captures Mason City flooding.
THE FLASH FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 200 PM CDT FOR SOUTHERN WORTH AND CERRO GORDO COUNTIES... At 1020 AM CDT, local law enforcement reported several county roads closed with a few county roads washed out. Widespread 2 to 4 inches of rain has fallen over this area with isolated amounts around 5 inches. Flash flooding is occurring in some locations already. Rain is beginning to end over the western part of the warned area and will end in the next hour or so over the rest of the warned area. Despite this, flooding may continue until later this morning or early this afternoon. Some locations that will experience flooding include... Mason City, Nora Springs, Manly, Rockwell, Mason City Municipal Airport, Clear Lake, Ventura, Thornton, Plymouth, Fertile, Kensett, Meservey, Grafton, Hanlontown, Swaledale, Rock Falls, Burchinal, Portland, Bolan and McIntosh Woods State Park. This includes Interstate 35 between mile markers 178 and 209.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.
CUSTOM FORECAST: Current Conditions
MORE: Maps & Radars
INTERACTIVE RADAR: Click Here
LIVE EYE: Tower Cams
SIGN UP: KIMT News 3 Email Newsletter
- Flash flood warning issued in Cerro Gordo, Worth counties
- Flood warning issued in Cerro Gordo, Floyd and Worth counties
- Flash flood warning issued for northeast Iowa
- UPDATE: Tow bans lifted in Cerro Gordo and Worth counties
- Flash Flood Warning issued for Kossuth, Humboldt counties
- Flash Flood Warning issued for Franklin, Hardin counties
- First new design license plate issued in Cerro Gordo County
- Crews work to reopen Cerro Gordo County roads after flooding
- Flooding causes road closures in Cerro Gordo County
- UPDATE: Tornado warning expires in Cerro Gordo county