Flash Flood Warning
Areas Affected: Cerro Gordo; Worth
NWS DesMoines (Central Iowa)
The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a
* Flash Flood Warning for... Worth County in north central Iowa... Cerro Gordo County in north central Iowa...
* Until 1000 PM CDT Saturday.
* At 359 PM CDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing heavy rain across the warned area. Radar has estimated up to two inches of rain have already fallen. Flash flooding is expected to begin shortly.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include... Mason City, Nora Springs, Manly, Rockwell, Mason City Municipal Airport, Rice Lake, Clear Lake, Ventura, Thornton, Plymouth, Fertile, Kensett, Grafton, Hanlontown, Joice, Swaledale, Rock Falls, Burchinal, Portland and Bolan. This includes Interstate 35 between mile markers 181 and 212.
Flooding is occurring or is imminent. It is important to know where you are relative to streams, rivers, or creeks which can become killers in heavy rains. Campers and hikers should avoid streams or creeks.
Flash Flood Warning
Areas Affected: Floyd; Mitchell
NWS LaCrosse (Southwestern Wisconsin, Southeastern Minnesota, and Northeast Iowa)
The National Weather Service in La Crosse has issued a
* Flash Flood Warning for... Southern Mitchell County in north central Iowa... Floyd County in north central Iowa...
* Until 700 PM CDT
* Thunderstorms approaching the area could produce copious amounts of rain during the next couple hours. With heavy rain in this area earlier this week, flash flooding could occur very quickly late this afternoon.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include... Charles City, Rudd, Floyd, Marble Rock, and Colwell. Additional rainfall amounts of 2 inches are possible in the warned area.
- Flash Flood Warning in effect for north Iowa counties
- Flash flood warning issued for northeast Iowa
- Flooding and flash flood warnings, Fillmore County Sheriff's warns residents
- Flash Flood Watch goes into effect Wednesday night for southern MN, north Iowa
- Flood Warning in effect for Mower County
- Flash flood warning issued in Cerro Gordo, Worth counties
- Flash Flood Warning issued for Kossuth, Humboldt counties
- Flash Flood Warning expires for Hancock, Winnebago counties
- Dodge County warning about flash flooding along the Zumbro River
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning in effect in north Iowa