Areas Affected: Olmsted; Winona
NWS LaCrosse (Southwestern Wisconsin, Southeastern Minnesota, and Northeast Iowa)
.Recent rainfall has resulted in rises along the Middle Fork Whitewater River at Whitewater Park. This has resulted in minor flooding. River forecasts take into account both observed and forecast precipitation. The National Weather Service in La Crosse WI has issued a
* Flood Warning for The Middle Fork Whitewater River Near Whitewater Park.
* until Sunday afternoon.
* At 1:30 PM Saturday the stage was 13.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 13.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by today and continue to rise to near 14.6 feet by today. The river will fall below flood stage by this evening. &&
If you live in a threatened area, be alert for high or rising water, and be ready to move to higher ground if necessary. Do not drive cars into flooded areas. Remember, it only takes two feet of water to float most automobiles, including sport utility vehicles. Turn Around, Don't Drown! Stay tuned to your favorite source of weather information, including NOAA Weather Radio, for later statements. Additional river and weather information is available at... http://www.weather.gov/lacrosse .
- Flood Warning in effect for pair of SE Minnesota counties
- Flood Warning in effect for some SE Minnesota locations
- Flood Warning in effect for Mower County
- Flash Flood Warning in effect for north Iowa counties
- Flood Warning in effect for Floyd, Chickasaw counties
- Flood warning in effect for Mower, Kossuth counties
- Flood warnings in effect for many counties in viewing area
- Flood Warning remains in effect in Floyd County
- Flash Flood Warning in effect for Mower County
- Flood Warning in effect for Mower, Floyd counties