CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – A discarded cigarette is being blamed for an early morning fire that destroyed a minivan.
The Clear Lake Fire Department was called to the 800 block of Maple lane just before 3:30 am Saturday for a car fire. Two engine companies, one ambulance, 10 firefighters, and two medics responded.
The Clear Lake Police Department arrived at the scene first and says flames were consuming a 2000 Toyota Sienna in a driveway, parked closed to a house. Firefighters then quickly arrived and extinguished the blaze.
No one was injured but the minivan is being considered a total loss. The Fire Department says it appears an improperly discarded cigarette started the flames in the cabin of the Sienna.
- Flames destroy minvan in Clear Lake
- Flames destroy Albert Lea garage
- House destroyed by flames in Dodge County
- Garage destroyed by flames in Rochester
- Flames destroy a rural Floyd County home
- Flames destroy a garage in Kasson
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- UPDATE: Images of Clear Lake home destroyed in Sunday fire
- UPDATE: Building destroyed in Saturday morning fire near Clear Lake
- Flames destroy a porch in a southwest Rochester neighborhood