AUSTIN, Minn.-One month ago America lost it’s 41st president.
George H.W. Bush died in Texas from vascular Parkinsonism, a form of Parkinson’s disease.
It is a tradition to order flags at half-staff for 30 days when a former president has died.
At the VFW Post 1216, the flag is at half-staff.
Commander Scott Wiechmann tells KIMT that it’s a tradition that to honor the commander in chief.
“He was our President and we lower it to show respect,” he said.
Today was the last day that flags are ordered at half-staff.
- Order for flags at half-staff lifted
- Flags to fly at half-staff for Iowa WWII soldier
- Flags in Iowa to fly at half-staff on Saturday
- Flags at half-staff Sunday for Minnesota firefighter
- MN flags to half-staff for slain corrections officer
- Flags lowered to half-staff after synagogue shooting
- Flags to fly at half-staff for Minnesota conservation officer
- Flags flown at half-staff Friday in Iowa for WWII sailor
- Flags to fly at half-staff Tuesday for John Paul Stevens
- Boil advisory lifted for Meservey