Photo Gallery 4 Images
ROCHESTER, Minn. – Five of the people caught in a major Olmsted County drug sweep have entered pleas.
Dana Lynn Gernes, Zane Bryant Rose, Richard Alan Betts, Michael Gordan Janvrin, and Linh Chanhnoy were among more than two dozen arrests announced on May 16 after a six-month investigation.
Gernes, 25 of Rochester, has now pleaded guilty to 1st degree drug sales. Authorities say she sold 27.27 grams of methamphetamine to Olmsted County sheriff’s deputies on May 8. She has been sentenced to 30 years of probation.
Rose, 36 of Pine Island, is pleading not guilty to 1st degree drug sales and 2nd degree drug possession. He’s accused of selling 26.5 grams of meth to Olmsted County sheriff’s deputies on March 20. His trial is set for November 5.
Janvrin, 39 of Rochester, has pleaded not guilty to 1st degree drug sales. The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office says Janvrin sold an ounce of meth to a confidential informant on December 9, 2017. His trial is scheduled for November 13.
Betts, 52 of Rochester, is pleading not guilty to 1st degree sale of drugs. He's also charged with 3rd degree sale of drugs, 3rd degree possession of drugs, and two counts of 5th degree drug possession. He was first charged in April when law enforcement says he was arrested with 11 grams of meth, packaging material, marijuana wax, and five pills of oxycodone. He was charged again in May and accused of selling 29.3 grams of meth to a confidential informant on December 20, 2017. Bett’s trial is set to being on November 19.
Chanhnoy, 41 of Rochester, pleaded not guilty to 1st degree sale of drugs. The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office says he sold a total of 27.8 grams of meth to confidential informants between December 29, 2017 and January 3. A trial date has not been set for him.
- Five plead in major Olmsted County drug sweep
- Drug sweep sentence in Olmsted County
- Texas man pleads not guilty to Olmsted County drug crimes
- 2 more arrested in connection to Olmsted Co. drug sweep
- Major Rochester drug dealer pleads guilty
- Iowa man pleads guilty in Olmsted County
- Olmsted County sex offender pleads guilty again
- Olmsted County drug conviction is upheld
- Different pleas from Olmsted County drug duo
- Mower County man pleads guilty to Olmsted County chase