PINE ISLAND TOWNSHIP, Minn. – The Minnesota State Patrol is releasing more details on the collision of a van and a tanker truck in Goodhue County during the blizzard Sunday.
Both vehicles were southbound on Highway 52 in whiteout conditions when the State Patrol says the van stopped and was struck from behind by the tanker.
The driver of the van, Jefferson Dweah Davies, 27 of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and four passengers – Leah Biah, 30 of Marion along with a 12-year-old boy and two one-year-old girls – suffered non-life threatening injuries and were taken to Mayo Clinic Health System for treatment.
The driver of the tanker, Wynn Dean Ristau, 43 of Preston, was not hurt.
This crash happened around 11:30 am Sunday near mile marker 75.
- Five Iowans hurt in Sunday crash in Goodhue County
- Byron driver hurt in Goodhue County crash
- Wykoff man hurt in Goodhue County crash
- UPDATE: Two North Iowans hurt in Mower County crash.
- Rochester duo in Goodhue County crash
- Rochester driver crashes in Goodhue County
- Dexter woman in Goodhue County crash
- Rochester man injured in Goodhue County crash
- West Concord man killed in Goodhue County crash
- Rochester man arrested after deadly Goodhue County crash