WORTH COUNTY, Iowa – First responders helped save a person’s life early Friday morning.
The Worth County Sheriff’s Office was called at 3:44 after a report of a subject at Diamond Jo Casino had over-dosed.
Deputies found one person unconscious upon arrival due to apparent opiate use.
“Deputies administered several doses of Narcan prior to EMS arrival and the subject regained consciousness and was eventually transported by ambulance,” the sheriff’s office said.
Worth County was assisted by Northwood Rescue, Mason City Ambulance and Mercy Air-Med.
- First responders use 'several' doses of Narcan to save person's life at Diamond Jo Casino
- 2 wanted subjects taken into custody at Diamond Jo Casino
- Albert Lea man involved in rollover crash near Diamond Jo Casino
- Worth County seeking to develop land south of Diamond Jo Casino
- Iowa police officer receives multiple doses of Narcan after traffic stop
- Boyd Gaming: Sports gambling to be implemented at Diamond Jo if bill signed by governor
- Iowa commission approves final set of sports betting rules; Diamond Jo hopin
- Diamond Jo to open sportsbook Thursday with assist from Vikings legend John Randle
- Place your bets: Vikings Hall of Famer opens Diamond Jo sportsbook
- Packing life saving meals