MASON CITY, Iowa – The Cerro Gordo County Treasurer’s Office has issued its first license plate with the new design.
The Iowa Department of Transportation was asked in early 2017 to re-imagine the 1998 standard blue and white with silver-grey city and county image in the background. Iowans voted for the new design last August and Catherine Lasalle received the first one in Cerro Gordo County.
The Treasurer’s Office says only personalized plates ordered through the state will have the new design until the county’s supply of old-style plates is exhausted.
Iowa license plates are manufactured by inmates at the Anamosa State Penitentiary, with materials supplied by 3M Company in Minnesota.
- First new design license plate issued in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County all out of "Blackout" license plates
- 'Blackout' plates are back in Cerro Gordo County
- Flash flood warning issued in Cerro Gordo, Worth counties
- Flood warning issued in Cerro Gordo, Floyd and Worth counties
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County