CERRO GORDO CO., Iowa- Monday marks the first day of absentee voting in the state of Iowa and one month from Election Day.
Ronald Petersen of Mason City is one of over 1,500 people who either requested an absentee ballot through the mail or voted absentee on Monday. Petersen said he usually does vote on Election Day, but because of a medical procedure this year he worries he won’t be able to make it to the polls. While he still has four weeks ahead of him before he has to make his choices, he said he already knows what candidates he is voting for.
“People should know who they are voting for,” he said. “And I think most people who are voting early have already decided otherwise they wouldn’t be doing it.”
- First day of early voting
- Extended early voting times in Olmsted County
- Early voting location open in Mason City
- Voting early for the presidential primaries
- Early voting off to strong start in Minnesota
- Early absentee voting for Olmsted County opens January 17th
- Minnesota opens early voting in March 3 presidential primary
- Early Christmas Tree Sales
- Habitat for Humanity Restore celebrates Earth Day early
- Fishermen experience early bites in day one of Walleye Classic