FOREST CITY, Iowa- If you want to buy fireworks in Iowa there’s no shortage of places to go, but those selling the explosives are feeling the impact of having so much competition.
Tim Petersen doesn’t just own the very first licensed fireworks shop in the state of Iowa, but it’s also the only shop in Forest City.
Peteresen said last year people would travel from all over to visit Pyro Pete’s Fireworks. This year, however, having more than double the number of shops in just Mason City alone is keeping people from making that half hour trip.
“When they are thinking of traveling up here they have to pass like 15 tents just on highway 122,” he said. “That would usually entice them to stop at one of those to buy what they want, or they make the hike up here and have already spent some of their money elsewhere.”
Firework sales in the state of Iowa end July 8th.
- Firework vendors feeling the impacts of high number of dealers
- Rainy Rochesterfest impacts food vendors
- Prison for Austin heroin dealer
- Accused drug dealers plead guilty
- Accused heroin dealer pleads guilty
- Trailer park drug dealer sentenced
- Local pharmacies feeling impact of national Tamiflu shortage
- Local businesses are feeling the impact of winter-like conditions
- Wildlife feeling the impact of winter-like weather