FARIBAULT, Minn. (AP) — A Northfield firefighter has died in a snowmobile crash in Rice County.
Sheriff's officials say rescuers found Chad Van Zuilen underneath his snowmobile that was partially buried by snow during last weekend's blizzard. They spotted the ski of his snowmobile in Webster Township. The 37-year-old firefighter was pronounced dead at Northfield Hospital early Sunday.
Sheriff Troy Dunn says the emergency room waiting area was filled with law enforcement officers and firefighters hoping doctors would be able to save him. The Hennepin County medical examiner says Van Zuilen died of asphyxia.
- Firefighter dies in Rice County snowmobile crash
- Milford man dies in snowmobile crash in northwestern Iowa
- UPDATE: Kenyon man killed in Rice County crash
- Goodhue County Sheriff's: Snowmobile goes through ice
- Authorities say Cresco man died in NE Iowa snowmobile accident
- Snowmobile death in NW Iowa
- Minnesota snowmobile trails are closed
- Murder charge in snowmobile crash that killed boy
- 1 hospitalized after snowmobile crash on southern MN lake
- Chicken fried rice recall includes Minnesota