MITCHELL COUNTY, Iowa - A report of shots fired Thursday afternoon resulted in firearms being seized from a residence.
The Mitchell County Sheriff's Office responded to the 3800 block of Highway 9 in New Haven at 2:50 p.m. after a report of 2-3 shots fired with men running into a house.
The Iowa State Patrol, the sheriff's office and the special operations team from Mason City responded.
When authorities entered the home, no suspects were found and the house was empty.
The complainant was taken to the hospital for observation.
- Firearms seized in Mitchell County after report of shots fired
- Firearm recovered after shots fired in Mason City
- New Mitchell County supervisor appointed
- Mitchell County Special Election Results
- Mitchell County facing doctor shortage
- Report of shots fired in Olmsted County
- Mitchell County high school students design threat reporting app
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County
- Fire destroys barn in Mitchell County Sunday night
- Mitchell County kidnapping conviction is upheld