FERTILE, Iowa – Residents of a Worth County town are being asked to conserve water due to a house fire.
Fertile Mayor Joyce Russell says firefighters from Joice, Hanlontown, and Lake Mills are dealing with a house in her community and their water tower is almost empty. People in town are being asked to reduce their water usage until Thursday afternoon.
Mayor Russell says the fire started in the 3500 block of Eagle Avenue when a furnace exploded.
- Fire in rural Worth County
- Third and final sentence in rural Worth County burglary
- Combine fire in Worth County
- UPDATE: Garage fire in rural Dodge County
- Multiple fires in rural Freeborn County
- Fire destroys rural Dodge County home
- Worth County house fire under investigation
- House catches fire in Worth County
- Wind turbine catches fire in Worth County
- Worth County crash Monday morning