Photo Gallery 5 Images
MASON CITY, Iowa – Firefighters battled flames and sub-zero cold Saturday morning at a vacant house fire.
The Mason City Fire Department says crews were called to the 1500 block of North Pennsylvania before sunrise.
Firefighters got the call just after 5:00 a.m. The State Fire Marshal is still investigating the cause.
MCFD is reporting no injuries, but is calling the vacant house a total loss.
The family of the house’s owner says it was a rental property where someone had just been evicted and the family was going to start remodeling the home on Saturday so a family member could move into it.
- Fire damages vacant Mason City home
- Authorities investigate fire at vacant Mason City home
- Forest City home damaged by fire
- Home damaged after explosion near downtown Mason City
- Mason City man sentenced for damage at Fertile home
- Alden home damaged by fire
- Vehicle found heavily damaged, vacant after Worth Co. crash
- House fire in Mason City
- Mason City Fire Chief resigns
- Garage fire in Mason City