PINE ISLAND, Minn. – Flames damaged a rural Pine Island home Monday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the 12000 block of 110th Avenue NW around 1:24 pm for a fire that appears to have started in the garage. The homeowners run a dog kennel and through no one was in the home when the fire started, all of the dogs got out.
Fire departments from Pine Island and Byron along with the Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office responded to this incident. An investigation into the cause is underway but the owner of the kennel say it may have been started by a battery charged for a children’s toy.
- Fire damages rural Pine Island home
- Pine Island home damaged after kitchen fire
- Pine Island veteran memorialized
- Flooding hitting Pine Island
- Former Pine Island firefighter rebuilds after losing home to fire
- Rural Klemme home damaged by fire
- Pine Island woman sentenced for Oronoco burglaries
- Winter dance party in Pine Island
- Pine Island farmer's tearful video goes viral
- Pine Island's 14th Annual Tractor Drive