KASSON, Minn. - No injuries were reported but a firefighter was dealing with heat-related illness during a house fire Friday in Dodge County.
Authorities were called after 10 a.m. to 25222 Co. Hwy 34 just on the outskirts of Kasson.
Smoke was seen coming from the home and the flames resulted in a large hole in the home. The house is a total loss.
Nobody was in the home when the fire started, and firefighters were able to recover medications for a boy who lives at the residence.
Many of the firefighters who responded to the call will be put on a 48-hour do-not-call list so they can recover.
The Red Cross is working with the family to find them a place to stay.
We will have more information as it becomes available.
- House suffers significant damage in Dodge County fire; firefighter dealing with heat illness
- Rochester home suffers significant damage after morning fire
- Overnight house fire causes significant damage in Freeborn County
- Fire in Northwood causes significant damage
- Significant damage after early-morning structure fire in Worth County
- UPDATE: Fire causes significant damage to Rochester storage unit
- House destroyed by flames in Dodge County
- Governor Walz to assess Dodge County flood damage
- Thompson house suffers foundation damage due to flooding
- UPDATE: Garage fire in rural Dodge County