SEVERE WX : Winter Weather Advisory View Alerts
CLOSINGS: View Closings

Fire causes $35,000 worth of damage in Albert Lea

A fire Friday night ignited by a lamp shade coming in contact with a light bulb caused around $35,000 in damage to an apartment.

Posted: Feb 26, 2018 8:15 AM

ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A fire Friday night ignited by a lamp shade coming in contact with a light bulb caused around $35,000 in damage to an apartment.
Fire officials say the single-room fire occurred at 901 Luther Place/St. John’s Luther Home, Knutson Place Apartments on Friday at 7:52 p.m.
The fire spread to nearby furniture, which activated the sprinkler system. The building did suffer moderate smoke and water damage.
No injuries were reported and residents were evacuated to other parts of the facility.
The scene was cleared by 9:30 Friday night.

Article Comments

Mason City
Overcast
28° wxIcon
Hi: 33° Lo: 13°
Feels Like: 17°
Albert Lea
Clear
27° wxIcon
Hi: 32° Lo: 10°
Feels Like: 17°
Austin
Clear
30° wxIcon
Hi: 35° Lo: 13°
Feels Like: 21°
Charles City
Broken Clouds
28° wxIcon
Hi: 33° Lo: 13°
Feels Like: 18°
Rochester
Clear
24° wxIcon
Hi: 32° Lo: 12°
Feels Like: 11°
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Community Events