ROCHESTER, Minn. – Firefighters responded to flames at Mega Coin Laundry on Wednesday afternoon.
Authorities say the fire began in a dryer and after the clothes were removed from the machine, the smoke set off the sprinkler system.
Those with the Rochester Fire Department say they were able to shut down the sprinkler system after forcing entry on a door, but Mega Coin and two other businesses experienced an estimated $10,000 in water damage to floor and carpeting.
No one was injured, and officials say Mega Coin Laundry will be able to remain open.
- Fire at Rochester laundromat causes $10,000 in damage
- Porch fire in Rochester causes $10,000 in damage
- $10,000 in damage after kitchen fire at Albert Lea residence
- Man and woman wanted in connection with laundromat theft
- Overnight barn fire in Rochester causes $30,000 in damage
- UPDATE: Fire causes significant damage to Rochester storage unit
- Rochester Fire: Overnight blaze destroys vehicle, badly damages garage
- UPDATED: $200,000 in damages after garage fire in Rochester
- Rochester business sustains $50K worth of damage after overnight fire
- Kitchen fire in Rochester