CLEAR LAKE, Iowa- Thursdays on Main has seen its fair share of severe weather this year from extreme heat to massive storms, but today everyone is taking in the perfect weather but on Thursday everyone was taking in the perfect weather.
Sue Nickerson says she has been enduring it all making it to at least four of the events this year and only missing one because of the rain.
Many people came out wearing coats or wrapping up in blankets while the band played. Plenty of people enjoyed getting to the vendors.
Nickerson said it’s about time the weather cooperated.
“Two weeks ago here on Thursday on main it was so hot you really couldn’t even enjoy yourself,” she said. “This weather is so beautiful you don’t have to have your air conditioning on you have your windows open. I’m wearing long pants, I’m really not ready for that yet, but it is a little cool down here but it’s going to be very enjoyable.”
The next Thursdays on Main will be held August 2nd.
- Finally nice weather for Thursdays on Main
- Final preparations for Thursdays Downtown underway
- Nice weather for the Olmsted County Free Fair
- Water main break in Mason City
- Maine Senator says she'll vote for Kavanaugh
- Midwest nice: Worth County residents use snowmobiles to make rescues
- Nice weekend for sail boat races on Clear Lake
- Minnesota section wrestling finals
- Section 1AA swimming finals
- Minnesota state wrestling finals