DECORAH, Iowa – The third man who stole thousands of dollars of equipment from Alliant Energy trucks has been sentenced.
Kevin Lee Gates, 42 of Waterloo, pleaded guilty to 1st degree theft and received three to five years of probation. Authorities say Gates along with Frank Lee Miller and Ryan Robert Tovar, both of Waterloo, stole equipment from trucks that were in the Mihm Brothers parking lot in Fort Atkinson on December 4, 2017.
Frank Miller (left) and Ryan Tovar.
Miller and Tovar previously pleaded guilty to 1st degree theft and got 10 year prison sentences.
All three men must also pay a total of $13,375.21 in restitution.
- Final sentence in theft from Alliant Energy trucks
- Accused Alliant Energy burglar pleads not guilty
- Iowa approves rate hike for Alliant Energy
- Alliant Energy releases flood safety information
- Alliant Energy customers can purchase trees through "Operation ReLeaf"
- Alliant Energy working on upgrading Cerro Gordo County's electric system
- Alliant Energy increasing its gas and electric prices
- Alliant Energy will be turning off some air conditioners Thursday
- Two Alliant Energy employees credited with helping elderly woman during Mason City dog attack
- UPDATE: Power restored to more than 2,700 Alliant Energy customers in Mason City