HAMPTON, Iowa – The final defendant in a Franklin County burglary has been sentenced.
20-year-old Jason Riggan of Charles City has been ordered to spend one year on supervised probation and pay a $315 fine. He pleaded guilty to 4th degree theft for being one of three who broke into a rural Hampton home in late December 2016 and stealing guns, ammunition, and a gun safe.
20-year-old Nicholas Howe and 20-year-old Christian Carstens, both of Waukon, previously pleaded guilty to 3rd degree theft. Each was sentenced to two years of probation.
- Final sentence in Franklin County burglary
- Fillmore County fugitive finally sentenced
- Three sentenced for rural Floyd County burglary
- Final sentence in Mitchell County marijuana bust
- Former fugitive finally sentenced in Olmsted County
- Sentences handed out in rural Hancock County burglaries
- Rochester man sentenced for burglary and assault
- Mason City man sentenced for multiple burglaries
- Second sentence issued in Cresco burglary
- Cresco teen sentenced for multiple burglaries