HAMPTON, Iowa – The final defendant in a Franklin County burglary has been sentenced.
20-year-old Jason Riggan of Charles City has been ordered to spend one year on supervised probation and pay a $315 fine. He pleaded guilty to 4th degree theft for being one of three who broke into a rural Hampton home in late December 2016 and stealing guns, ammunition, and a gun safe.
20-year-old Nicholas Howe and 20-year-old Christian Carstens, both of Waukon, previously pleaded guilty to 3rd degree theft. Each was sentenced to two years of probation.
- Final sentence in Franklin County burglary
- Franklin County man sentenced for lascivious acts
- Third and final sentence in rural Worth County burglary
- Fillmore County fugitive finally sentenced
- Three sentenced for rural Floyd County burglary
- Sentence handed down for Winnebago County burglary
- Man sentenced to time served for Franklin County theft
- Franklin County man sentenced for standoff with law enforcement
- Final sentence in Mitchell County marijuana bust
- Former fugitive finally sentenced in Olmsted County