AUSTIN, Minn. – A final guilty plea is entered for a drug bust in December 2017.
Ryan Jiles Baldus, 28 of Austin, pleaded guilty Tuesday to being a violent felon in possession of a firearm and 5th degree drug possession. His sentencing is set for March 21, 2019.
Baldus was arrested on December 18, 2017, along with Jennifer Spaeth and Cully Shierts. Law enforcement stopped their vehicle on Mower County Road 2 and says a search turned up methamphetamine, marijuana, drug paraphernalia, a .38 caliber pistol and ammunition.
Spaeth previously pleaded guilty to two counts of 5th degree drug possession and illegal transport of a pistol and ammunition. She was sentenced to 54 days in jail and five years of probation.
Shierts pleaded guilty to 5th degree drug possession and possession of ammunition as a drug user. He received five years of probation and 40 hours of community work service.
- Final defendant pleads guilty in Mower County drug bust
- One of four defendants pleads guilty in Rochester drug bust
- Second sentence in Mower County drug bust
- Not guilty pleas after Mower County drug bust
- Accused drug dealer pleads not guilty in Mower County
- Mower County teen pleads guilty to drug dealing
- Rochester man pleads not guilty to Mower County drug crime
- Accused kidnapper pleads guilty in Mower County
- Two plead guilty in Howard County drug bust
- First person sentenced in Mower County drug bust