PRESTON, Minn. – A fugitive arrested at the Spring Valley Public Library is finally sentenced.
Steven John Holm, 34 of Lino Lakes, pleaded guilty to 2nd degree burglary and receiving stolen property. Seven other charges were dismissed and he was sentenced Monday to two years and six months in prison, with credit for 349 days already served, and must pay a total of $760 in restitution.
Fillmore County law enforcement says Holm burglarized the Sterling Pharmacy in Harmony on December 30, 2015, stealing pseudoephedrine and codeine. Holm was then involved in a high-speed chase on August 31, 2017, and escaped after crashing into a cornfield. Law enforcement says Holm’s vehicle contained a couple thousand dollars in stolen property.
Holm was finally captured on October 25, 2017, after a tip he was going to the Spring Valley Library. The Fillmore County Sheriff’s Office say Holm was reading an online news article about himself when he was arrested.
- Fillmore County fugitive finally sentenced
- Fillmore County fugitive caught in northeast Iowa
- Mower County fugitive sentenced
- Former fugitive finally sentenced in Olmsted County
- Olmsted County fugitive finally caught
- Hancock County fugitive is finally caught
- Former fugitive sentenced in Rochester
- Fugitive finally sentenced for Crystal Lake car theft
- Auto accident in Fillmore County
- Apartment fire in Fillmore County