HOUSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Minn. – A deer on the road caused a two-vehicle collision Sunday in Houston County.
The Minnesota State Patrol says 60-year-old Esther Marie Oldenburg of Jackson was driving on Highway 16, west of Houston, when she braked to avoid hitting a deer. Oldenburg was struck from behind by the vehicle driven by 35-year-old Michael Melvin Hayner of Preston.
Both drivers were transported to Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse, Wisconsin for treatment of non-life threatening injuries. Both were wearing their seat belts.
The State Patrol says this accident happened around 5:30 pm Sunday. The Houston County Sheriff’s Office, Tri-State Ambulance, and Houston Ambulance assisted at the scene.
- Fillmore County driver in Houston County collision
- Two injured in Fillmore County collision
- Fillmore County driver injured in rollover
- Fillmore County rollover injures Iowa driver
- Criminal vehicular homicide charge in Fillmore County collision
- UPDATE: State Patrol identifies Cresco driver involved in Fillmore County fatal collision
- Auto accident in Fillmore County
- Motorcycle crash in Fillmore County
- Fillmore County fugitive finally sentenced
- Apartment fire in Fillmore County