CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - This year marks the 22nd Annual Festival of Trees hosted By "One Vision" in Clear Lake -and they kicked it off with their first event called "Turn the Lights On 5k."
Local community members and families who have kids with special needs were lacing up their sneakers and putting on holiday costumes to participate in the race.
It kicked off at 4:30 p.m. at The Other Place and participants were expected to be out until 6:00 p.m.
Ann Bailey, one local mother whose son has special needs, says they are looking forward to participating in the run this year.
"One Vision has been awesome with their involvement in the community and I think this is a great way for people to give back to them."
The proceeds raised from this 5K will go to One Vision.
The Festival of Trees main event will start at 8 a.m on Saturday and go until 3 p.m. at Opportunity Village.
More than 120 trees will be displayed and available for purchase to help those in need.
- Festival of Trees Kicks Off with events this weekend
- Festival of Trees brings awareness to disabilities
- Lineup for 2019 Tree Town Festival announced
- Weekend of festivities in North Iowa
- Big weekend for Christmas tree sellers
- Another lawsuit filed against Tree Town festival founders
- A cool weekend event coming to Rochester
- Western Days kicks off this weekend in Chatfield
- Two Labor Day weekend festivals in Mason City taking place
- Stores prepping for thousands when it comes to Tree Town Music Festival